D GUI Framework (responsive grid teaser)

Robert M. Münch robert.muench at saphirion.com
Fri May 24 08:42:48 UTC 2019

On 2019-05-23 17:27:09 +0000, Ola Fosheim Grøstad said:

> Yeah, that leaves a lot of headroom to play with. Do you think there is
> a market for a x86 CPU software renderer though?

Well, the main market I see for a software renderer is the embedded
market and server rendering. Making money with development tools,
components or frameworks is most likely only possible in the B2B sector.

One needs to find a niche where companies are interested in: speed and
ressource-efficency is definetely one.

> Or do you plan on support CPUs where there is no GPU available?

Currently we don't use a GPU, it's only CPU based. I think CPU
rendering has its merits and is underestimated a lot.

--
Robert M. Münch
http://www.saphirion.com