D GUI Framework (responsive grid teaser)

user1234 user1234 at 12.de
Sat May 25 19:35:35 UTC 2019

On Saturday, 25 May 2019 at 19:10:44 UTC, Ron Tarrant wrote:
> On Thursday, 23 May 2019 at 00:34:42 UTC, H. S. Teoh wrote:
>
>> And this isn't just for mobile apps; even the pervasive
>> desktop browser nowadays seems bent on eating up as much CPU,
>> memory, and disk as physically possible
>
> This has been going on ever since the Amiga 1000, Atari 1040ST,
> and the 286 started edging out the C-64. If we ever break out
> of this anti-Moorean loop and start seeing 8 gHz or even 16 gHz
> CPU speeds, maybe the machines will finally manage to keep the
> resource hounds at bay.

I'm not sure. Maybe there's something of the human nature in
resources wasting.
Maybe at the beginning everybody will be happy but at the end
people would start using slower scripting languages, less
optimized, or more simply would use those existing to achieve
more complex tasks and after a while the situation we know now
will repeat itself.