D GUI Framework (responsive grid teaser)

Ola Fosheim Grøstad ola.fosheim.grostad at gmail.com
Sun May 26 16:56:39 UTC 2019

On Sunday, 26 May 2019 at 16:39:53 UTC, Manu wrote:
> How is the web browser's SVG renderer even relevant? I have
> absolutely no idea how this 'example' (or almost anything in
> this thread) could be tied to the point I made way back at the
> start before it went way off the rails. Just stop, it's killing
> me.

I don't think the discussion is about your idea that software
engineering should be done like it is done in the games industry.

Path rendering on the GPU is a topic that is covered relatively
frequently in papers the past decade so… more than one approach.

If the SVG renderer in the browser is relevant? Depends. SVG is
animated through CSS, so the browser must be able to redraw on
every frame. For some interfaces it certainly would be relevant,
but I don't think Robert is aiming for that type of interface.

Anyway, for some interfaces like for VST plugins, you don't need
very fancy options. Just blitting and a bit of realtime
line-drawing. But portability is desired, so JUCE appears to be
popular. If you Robert creates something simpler than JUCE, but
with the same portability, then it could be very useful.