nogc v0.5.0 - DIP1008 works!

ag0aep6g anonymous at example.com
Mon May 27 14:26:16 UTC 2019

On 27.05.19 15:34, Atila Neves wrote:
> It's ugly but would work. Right now I don't think I can do any better
> than to follow your suggestion, but I predict many beard-stroking walks
> for me along Lake Geneva in the near future.

Oh, yeah. Getting @trusted right is hard. Getting it right when
user-provided types are involved is extra hard, because you can't even
trust fundamental operations like assignment or copying.

Please note that the allocator stuff is just one of the three violations
I had pointed out. You've already pushed a fix for the unsafe .stringz,
but you haven't addressed unsafe copy constructors yet.

And my list wasn't meant to be complete. There may be other safety holes
I didn't notice.