D GUI Framework (responsive grid teaser)

Robert M. Münch robert.muench at saphirion.com
Tue May 28 20:54:59 UTC 2019

On 2019-05-28 15:54:14 +0000, Nick Sabalausky (Abscissa) said:

> It's incredibly refreshing to hear a developer say that, instead of the
> usual, "As a *developer*, I'm the most important part and my time is
> most valuable. So, my users should just go buy faster hardware."

In the mid 90s I co-invented & designed reconfigurable CPU systems. Our
goal these days was to do real-time ray-tracing. So, we even said: just
wait, we are going to make a faster hardware first. ;-)

Anyway, you statement is unfortunatly very true. It's the same idotic
thing happening in every company: "I make my life easy and do things
quick & dirty" without understanding that down the processes there are
hundred of points where this stuff is used, and everyone needs to
figure out the pitfalls over and over again... that's what I call very
efficient thinking.

The software we sell, would still fit on one floppy disk (if there are
still people knowing what it is). And I'm always saying: "Every good
software fits on one floppy-disk." Most people can't believe that this
is still possible.

--
Robert M. Münch
http://www.saphirion.com