Release D 2.089.0

Manu turkeyman at gmail.com
Tue Nov 5 06:44:29 UTC 2019

On Mon., 4 Nov. 2019, 2:05 am John Chapman via Digitalmars-d-announce, <
digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com> wrote:

> On Sunday, 3 November 2019 at 13:35:36 UTC, Martin Nowak wrote:
> > Glad to announce D 2.089.0, ♥ to the 44 contributors.
> >
> > This release comes with corrected extern(C) mangling in mixin
> > templates, atomicFetchAdd and atomicFetchSub in core.atomic,
> > support for link driver arguments, better support of LDC in
> > dub, and plenty of other bug fixes and improvements.
> >
> > http://dlang.org/download.html
> > http://dlang.org/changelog/2.089.0.html
> >
> > -Martin
>
> Something has changed with core.atomic.cas - it used to work with
> `null` as the `ifThis` argument, now it throws an AV. Is this
> intentional?
>
> If I use `cast(shared)null` it doesn't throw but if the change
> was deliberate shouldn't it be mentioned?

Changes were made because there were a lot of problems with that module...
but the (reasonably comprehensive) unit tests didn't reveal any such
regressions. We also build+test many popular OSS projects via buildkite,
and there weren't problems.
Can you show the broken code?