I wrote a little socket tutorial

Adam D. Ruppe destructionator at gmail.com
Fri Nov 15 21:14:16 UTC 2019

On Friday, 15 November 2019 at 21:07:45 UTC, JN wrote:
> Such code snippets are amazing for starting out. Too many
> libraries just throw the API documentation at you and figure
> out how to set up things.

Aye. That's why my doc gen actually has hidden secret features to
make *complete* examples inside D's documented unittest thing.

I've written a bunch of basic games with my other libs, a big one
I always point newbies to is the pong sample:

http://dpldocs.info/experimental-docs/arsd.simpledisplay.html#pong

and my view is it is more fun to copy/paste something that
actually works, then modify it to make it your own.

(the blog btw is built with my doc gen too, and the socket
samples are all D unittests using my special features so I can
compile and run it as well, my way of making sure my stuff
actually compiled lol)