dud: A dub replacement

JN 666total at wp.pl
Mon Nov 18 16:54:21 UTC 2019

On Monday, 18 November 2019 at 10:40:28 UTC, Russel Winder wrote:
> On Mon, 2019-11-18 at 10:26 +0000, Sebastiaan Koppe via
> Digitalmars-d-announce wrote:
>> On Monday, 18 November 2019 at 09:53:56 UTC, Paolo Invernizzi
>> wrote:
>> > A win-win move would be to have dud emit the other formats
>> > automatically as part of the compilation procedure, so to
>> > have always all of them present and synced on the content.
>>
>> I already regret starting about this. Instead of rooting for
>> the SDL format, I should have just recommended to deprecate
>> the json one.
>
> I do not think you should regret starting a discussion on this.
>
> Personally I only ever use SDL with Dub. Even contemplating
> using JSON for human written configuration files is, for me,
> totally the wrong thing to do.

I only use the JSON format. JSON is widespread together with XML.
SDL I heard first time of in the context of Dub and never seen it
used elsewhere. TOML also I know only from Cargo. YAML at least I
know from several different projects.

I guess the tool must be working very well though if the main
argument is what kind of data format to use :)