dud: A dub replacement

Joseph Rushton Wakeling joseph.wakeling at webdrake.net
Thu Nov 21 10:06:05 UTC 2019

On Wednesday, 20 November 2019 at 11:40:19 UTC, Robert Schadek
wrote:
> Here is disagree, to a degree I consider comments a code smell.
> If I have to write them, I failed to convey the information
> needed to understand the code in the code.

That depends on what you're using documentation and comments for.

It's obviously great to try to write code that is as clean and
clear and comprehensible as possible.  But in general even the
cleanest and clearest code rarely communicates the WHY behind
design decisions.  "This design was chosen because ..."  "These
are the assumptions made ..." etc.

That WHY is what you want to clearly document, because that's
what saves the most time for anyone looking to understand and
modify the codebase.