Proposal for porting D runtime to WebAssembly

Joseph Rushton Wakeling joseph.wakeling at webdrake.net
Mon Nov 25 12:19:30 UTC 2019

On Saturday, 23 November 2019 at 09:51:13 UTC, Sebastiaan Koppe
wrote:
> This is my proposal for porting D runtime to WebAssembly. I
> would like to ask you to review it. You can find it here:
> https://gist.github.com/skoppe/7617ceba6afd67b2e20c6be4f922725d

Thanks for putting this together, it looks very carefully thought
out.

On this particular part:

> Exceptions can be thrown but not catched. A thrown exception
> will
> terminate the program. Exceptions are still in the proposal
> phase.
> When the proposal is accepted exceptions can be fully supported.

This would suggest that there may be some benefit in D providing
improved support for return-type-based error propagation (as with
`Result` from Rust), no ... ?