wiki tutorial: D on esp32/esp8266(llvm-xtensa+ldc) and how to get started

dangbinghoo dangbinghoo at gmail.com
Tue Nov 26 08:57:49 UTC 2019

hi,

I just added a simple tutorial to running D betterC on the
popular ESP32/esp8266 IoT chip.

referenced with the Rust community's Rust on ESP32.

https://wiki.dlang.org/D_on_esp32/esp8266(llvm-xtensa%2Bldc)_and_how_to_get_started

As esp32 IDF is using newlib as it's libc, the druntime and
phobos just simply won't build.

But betterC seems working, I didn't do with a very strong
test(actually I don't know if there's betterC test case exists),
so, just for fun with your own risk!

And, Can we do some work to support druntime building against
with newlib? If this is true, many MCU would have(newlib supports
many MCUs) a `real D` running on it.

---
Binghoo Dang