dud: A dub replacement

H. S. Teoh hsteoh at quickfur.ath.cx
Wed Nov 27 00:18:41 UTC 2019

On Tue, Nov 26, 2019 at 01:19:58PM -0800, H. S. Teoh via Digitalmars-d-announce wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 26, 2019 at 12:32:54AM +0000, Adam D. Ruppe via Digitalmars-d-announce wrote:
[...]
> > ldc2 -mtriple=x86_64-pc-windows-msvc
> >
> > though you will prolly have to grab the druntime libs from the windows
> > build.
[...]

Tried installing the libs from the LDC windows build and editing
ldc2.conf to setup the paths, etc., but still no go. It finally does
find the linker and the Windows .lib's, but then it spews a whole bunch
of undefined symbol errors.

Decided instead to just run the native Windows version of ldc2 under
Wine (via wineconsole); works like a charm.  For now, at least for
building Windows executables, I'm not gonna bother with cross-compiling.
Wine appears to do the Right Thing(tm).

Those who've learned LaTeX swear by it. Those who are learning LaTeX swear at it. -- Pete Bleackley