dud: A dub replacement

H. S. Teoh hsteoh at quickfur.ath.cx
Wed Nov 27 01:10:41 UTC 2019

On Wed, Nov 27, 2019 at 12:24:11AM +0000, kinke via Digitalmars-d-announce wrote:
> On Tuesday, 26 November 2019 at 21:19:58 UTC, H. S. Teoh wrote:
> > 	Error: failed to locate link.exe
> >
> > Where am I supposed to get link.exe?
>
> You're supposed to consult the dedicated Wiki page linked by
> tchaloupka above (also linked in DMD 2.089 and LDC 1.18 release notes)
> in such a case,
[...]

I did consult the LDC cross-compiling page, and did modify ldc2.conf
appropriately. But somewhere along the line I must have done something
wrong, because it's still not cross-compiling properly. It's using the
built-in LLD now, so the link.exe error is gone, but now it's coming
back with a bunch of undefined druntime symbols even though I did
specify the path to the prebuilt Windows druntime-ldc.lib in the
ldc2.conf.

I gave up and resorted to installing the Windows build of ldc2 under
Wine, and now I have a build script that uses wineconsole to compile
Windows executables. :-P  So far, it appears to work.

Don't throw out the baby with the bathwater. Use your hands...