D Forum Mobile Version - Beta

Bastiaan Veelo Bastiaan at Veelo.net
Wed Nov 27 10:58:17 UTC 2019

On Sunday, 27 October 2019 at 02:11:50 UTC, matheus wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I use to access this Forum mainly through the WEB version, and
> so far It never bothered me when reading on my PC.
>
> But on my phone (An old LG K4) with tiny screen it's not very
> pleasant, I use this phone when I'm on the road, I lately I
> gave up to read this Forum through it.
>
> So, I decided to create a "wrapper" of this Forum applying
> style for small screens like in my case.
>
> The result is here: http://www.mazeware.com/dforums.html
>
> Here are some diffs between both versions:
>
> https://i.imgur.com/wfmm035.png
>
> https://i.imgur.com/LzvhrdQ.png
>
> https://i.imgur.com/BM13xTw.png
>
> I'm sharing this because it may be useful for some people.
>
> Finally I'd like to know if it is possible to have this to be
> acessed direct in your server (Maybe in a new sub-domain),
> since my hosting is slow.
>
> Matheus.

I’d recommend contacting Vladimir directly, like bachmeier said
in
https://forum.dlang.org/post/jnikxmmrmohsdszafisy@forum.dlang.org.

However, I tried your version and it didn’t work well for me; I’m
on an iPhone 6. I prefer the current version in the threaded mode.

I don’t know how you implemented your version, but if you can
make it configurable as one of the current supported view modes,
I guess the chances of getting it accepted are higher.

Thanks for contributing.

Bastiaan.