Blog Post: Beating std::visit Without Really Trying

Paul Backus snarwin at gmail.com
Sat Oct 5 02:59:58 UTC 2019

I was curious how C++17's std::variant compared to the options we
have in D, like Algebraic and SumType, so I did a simple
comparison of the generated assembly for each of them. You can
read about it at the link below. And as you can probably guess
from the title, D comes out ahead, in the end.

https://pbackus.github.io/blog/beating-stdvisit-without-really-trying.html

This is my first attempt at sharing something like this, so any
comment or feedback is very much appreciated!