Blog Post: Beating std::visit Without Really Trying

Joseph Rushton Wakeling joseph.wakeling at webdrake.net
Sun Oct 6 07:16:03 UTC 2019

On Sunday, 6 October 2019 at 03:47:25 UTC, Seb wrote:
> My earlier post tried to point out that SumType is an excellent
> candidate for v2.

Sorry, Seb, but I don't get this. There's no reason to wait for a
v2 to introduce a new SumType symbol that outperforms the old
Variant (assuming it's not possible to just rewrite the latter
implementation under the hood without changing behaviour).

On the contrary, the best way to do a v2 is likely to be that all
or most of the stuff we want in it is already there and has been
battle tested in the wild.