Prepping for Patreon...

Ron Tarrant rontarrant at gmail.com
Thu Oct 17 17:14:41 UTC 2019

On Thursday, 17 October 2019 at 15:42:10 UTC, bauss wrote:

> Should probably ask people that you know might consider
> subscribing to your Patreon.

I thought you might be one candidate, bauss. I know we've
discussed GtkD on at least one occasion on this forum.

As for where to find other people I know who might be
interested... I've got this forum, the Reddit D Programming feed,
and the forum over on GtkD.org... Oh. And Gnome Discourse... and,
of course, the Facebook group I started.  I don't know who else
would potentially be my audience.

Audience building has been slow going, mostly—I think—because D
and GtkD aren't exactly mainstream yet. Part of my goal is, of
course, to help change this.

> It's rather difficult unless there is a specific course behind
> your Patreon page that will make people support you.

Can you elaborate on this? I'm not really clear on what you mean
by 'course.'

> -- Not sure if this is the right place to ask, but there is no
> off-topic section either --

Yup, too true. I considered the Learn sub-forum, but this seemed
more like an announce-y thing to me. Perhaps the moderator can
step in and give me some guidance as to whether this thread
should (or even can) be moved.

Thanks for you feedback, bauss.