D at 20: Hits and Misses, and what I learned along the way Oct 19

H. S. Teoh hsteoh at quickfur.ath.cx
Thu Oct 17 20:39:41 UTC 2019

On Thu, Oct 17, 2019 at 07:24:20PM +0000, Dennis via Digitalmars-d-announce wrote:
> On Monday, 23 September 2019 at 17:49:12 UTC, H. S. Teoh wrote:
> > Will this talk be posted somewhere like Youtube afterwards?
>
> It's up now!
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p22MM1wc7xQ

Huh.  Walter says binary literal were removed from D, so how come the
following still compiles on git master??

	pragma(msg, 0b1000_1000);

It is widely believed that reinventing the wheel is a waste of time; but I disagree: without wheel reinventers, we would be still be stuck with wooden horse-cart wheels.