D code running on the Nintendo 3DS

TheGag96 thegag96 at gmail.com
Sun Oct 20 06:06:48 UTC 2019

Hi, all. I wanted to get into the world of 3DS homebrew, but I
really didn't feel like coding in C or C++. So, through an effort
of sheer will, I somehow got a hello world example written in D
up and running, along with bindings for most of libctru and
citro3d.

https://github.com/TheGag96/3ds-hello-dlang

Included are instructions on how to set this up (although it's
pretty hacky). I imagine one could easily start writing Switch
homebrew in D by following most of these steps as well. Once GCC
10 comes out with an updated GDC, it might become a pretty
attractive alternative to C/++ for such projects if some work is
put into bindings and stuff.

Hope someone finds this interesting!