D code running on the Nintendo 3DS

Iain Buclaw ibuclaw at gdcproject.org
Sun Oct 20 19:11:14 UTC 2019

On Sun, 20 Oct 2019 at 20:40, TheGag96 via Digitalmars-d-announce
<digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com> wrote:

> Darn... Are there any plans at some point in the future to add a
> real -betterC sort of flag? It would be really really nice to be
> able to compile something like...
>
> import std.bitmanip : bitfields;
>
> struct Stuff {
>    mixin(bitfields!(
>          uint, "x",    2,
>          int,  "y",    3,
>          uint, "z",    2,
>          bool, "flag", 1));
> }
>
> extern(C) void main() {
>    Stuff x;
> }
>
> ...just as in DMD or LDC.

Saying that, if you can distil that into a test case with no
dependencies (no imports) and gdc emits something that neither ldc or
dmd does, then I should probably be notified about that in a bug
report, as a newer version of the D language frontend won't
necessarily fix it.

--
Iain