Blog post about printing associative arrays from GDB

Dennis dkorpel at gmail.com
Wed Oct 23 21:07:24 UTC 2019

Thanks for spitting through the GDB manual so I don't have to!
I would've guessed something like this was possible with GDB, but
never bothered until now.

On Wednesday, 23 October 2019 at 20:52:55 UTC, Johannes Riecken
wrote:
> is there a Phobos function to automatically print expected and
> actual values for failed assertions? In our company we use
> ocean's test!("==").

Not a phobos function, a compiler switch. In recent LDC and DMD,
you can use -checkaction=context and an attempt is made to print
the actual values involved in the assertion. It is still young so
you might still encounter bugs or limitations, but it does the
job really well for most asserts.