Blog post about printing associative arrays from GDB

Mihails none at none.none
Thu Oct 24 14:20:42 UTC 2019

On Thursday, 24 October 2019 at 13:16:39 UTC, Johannes Riecken
wrote:
> GDB uses internal functions of C++'s runtime to do the
> pretty-printing for C++. Implementing that for D's runtime
> library in its current form would seem like a considerable
> effort to me, since D's runtime library seems to be a bit
> hairier with respect to the internal fields, no?

That wouldn't be a considerable effort on its own (I think all
necessary machinery is already part of druntime.rt package) but
right now you would need to have druntime built with debugging
symbols to get anything done.

For C++ standard containers it is not a problem because those are
defined in header files. If AA implementation was switched to
templates, it would "just work" for druntime too.