LDC 1.18.0-beta1

jmh530 john.michael.hall at gmail.com
Mon Sep 23 20:24:54 UTC 2019

On Monday, 23 September 2019 at 19:40:13 UTC, Ivan Butygin wrote:
> On Monday, 23 September 2019 at 12:22:47 UTC, Martin
> Tschierschke wrote:
>
>> Can you please give (again?) a link or a more detailed
>> description of the JIT, explaining some use cases?
>
> https://wiki.dlang.org/LDC-specific_language_changes#.40.28ldc.attributes.dynamicCompile.29
>
> [snip]

I think the wiki has room for improvement...or, ideally, there
would be a tutorial that goes through all the JIT functionality
in LDC.

I don't really understand the difference between dynamicCompile
and dynamicCompileEmit. Is it that with dynamicCompileEmit I can
still call foo normally? Also, do I have to use either bind or a
delegate to get the JIT functionality? What is the advantage or
cost of f (the binded version) and d (the delegate version)? Does
the indirection from the delegates outweigh the benefit from
simplified computation in these cases? Is there any issue with
aliasing f or d to be named foo (or just calling them foo from
the start?)?

What am I doing wrong on run.dlang.org:
https://run.dlang.io/is/itIPQK