sumtype 0.9.0: BetterC and DIP 1000 support
snarwin at gmail.com
Sat Sep 28 21:28:00 UTC 2019
SumType is a generic sum type for modern D. It is designed to be
alternative to `std.variant.Algebraic`.
- Pattern matching, including support for introspection-based
- Self-referential types, using `This`
- Works with `pure`, `@safe`, `@nogc`, `nothrow`, and
- Compatible with `-betterC` and `-dip1000` (★)
- Zero runtime overhead compared to hand-written C
- No heap allocation
- Does not rely on runtime type information (`TypeInfo`) (★)
Starred features (★) are those that are missing from `Algebraic`.
Code examples are available in the documentation (linked below).
New since the last announced version, 0.8.3:
- SumType is now fully compatible with DIP 1000 and BetterC!
- `match` no longer ignores implicit conversions when matching
- Assigning to a SumType that contains pointers is now
- Self-referential SumTypes can now be nested.
- Invariants of SumType members are now checked.
- Static arrays in SumTypes are now copied correctly.
- `match` now takes template overloads of handlers into account.
- Numerous other bug fixes and improvements.
Special thanks to George Zakhour for his contributions to this
- Documentation: https://pbackus.github.io/sumtype/sumtype.html
- DUB: https://sumtype.dub.pm
- Github: https://github.com/pbackus/sumtype
More information about the Digitalmars-d-announce