Mir updates

9il ilyayaroshenko at gmail.com
Thu Apr 2 13:16:46 UTC 2020

On Thursday, 2 April 2020 at 06:20:22 UTC, Manu wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 31, 2020 at 12:15 AM 9il via Digitalmars-d-announce
> < digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com> wrote:

>> > Thanks, I like 'em.
>> >
>> > I noticed that the little icon in the tabs has changed from
>> > most of them. However, the mir random is unchanged from
>> > before.
>>
>> Probably it is because of your browser cache, likely will be
>> updated after a while.
>>
>> > Also, on the mir.glas page, one of the lines says
>> > "matrix-vector operations %3 done, partially optimized for
>> > now". Another line says "l3 was moved to mir-glas", which is
>> > confusing because it should be at the mir-glas documentation
>> > page anyway.
>>
>> We don't have documentation for mir-glas library, only for mir
>> (backports) package, which has mir.glas package.
>>
>> I don't know what to do with mir-glas, it is too good to be
>> forgotten, but I don't see a commercial perspective in it.
>>

> Why not? Where does it fall short of being useful?

For my work, I use `mir-blas` - ndslice bindings to CBLAS API. It
is faster to write binding rather than finish BLAS implementation.

It is useful. And I think it is very promising for Dlang
promotion and can really involve new companies. I will be happy
to finish it if a company sponsors the work. Companies like
CPU/GPU vendors or companies that require slim and fast BLAS
implementation will win from this work. However, I have no idea
how to sell mir-glas, it is more complex to find a client rather
than finish it.