DLS deprecation

Laurent Tréguier laurent.treguier.sink at gmail.com
Tue Apr 7 22:52:40 UTC 2020

On Tuesday, 7 April 2020 at 22:07:34 UTC, Sebastiaan Koppe wrote:
> I was wondering how much time maintaining took? And what where
> the biggest things to upkeep?

Technically, not much time. It's mostly upgrading dependencies,
and the occasional bugfix. However DLS would really need a lot
more time to get better. I think its current state is a dead end,
and if anything should be done with it, it's a rewrite, and not
just maintenance.

A recent DMD release changed the default behavior of running unit
tests, and broke the CI (integration tests aren't running
anymore); and the deprecation of `alias get this` in Nullable
created a number of deprecation messages on compilation that
sends shivers down my spine (DLS abuses Nullable as an optional
type).