DustMite: the General-Purpose Data Reduction Tool (from the D Blog)

Steven Schveighoffer schveiguy at gmail.com
Mon Apr 13 18:53:39 UTC 2020

On 4/13/20 9:06 AM, Mike Parker wrote:
> Vladimir has contributed to the blog an article on the evolution of
> DustMite, looking at some of the challenges he had to overcome along the
> way.
>
> The blog:
> https://dlang.org/blog/2020/04/13/dustmite-the-general-purpose-data-reduction-tool/
>

> Reddit:
> https://www.reddit.com/r/programming/comments/g0ihse/dustmite_the_generalpurpose_data_reduction_tool/

Very nice article! I think everyone can be inspired by the tools that
Vladimir writes.

Interesting from the animation that it decided that importing std.stdio
can be "reduced" to importing std!

I see that you can prevent reductions via regex. How do you say "Don't
reduce `std\..*` to `std`" or is that possible? In other words, I'm fine
with reducing imports, but not that specific reduction.

-Steve