describe-d: an introspection library

Jean-Louis Leroy jl at leroy.nyc
Wed Apr 22 18:06:42 UTC 2020

On Wednesday, 22 April 2020 at 17:32:33 UTC, Stefan Koch wrote:

> It's going to be part of the compiler.
> You can look at the ... expression DIP.
> which Manu posted in General, for taste of where my stuff is
> going.

I think I see the point - I am familiar with C++ variadic
templates.

Yes, speeding up `staticMap`, and often eliminating the need to
use it, will hugely benefit meta-programming.

However, that will not solve the problem of unnecessary
instantiations that my example above demonstrates (it has a bug
btw, the parameters should have been wrapped in a
bolts.meta.AliasPack, but it doesn't alter the spirit).

Thank you for the `-vcg-ast` switch! It looks like I am going to
use it a lot.

I am rewriting my system to express the accessors in terms of
free functions taking meta-objects, instead of meta-objects
containing properties. I have a hunch that that will curb
instantiation, compile time and .o size.