diet-ng Live mode and announcing dietpc

Martin Tschierschke mt at smartdolphin.de
Mon Apr 27 12:22:20 UTC 2020

On Tuesday, 24 March 2020 at 15:03:33 UTC, Steven Schveighoffer
wrote:
[...]
> I decided to build a "pre-compiler" for the templates, that
> builds the cache files before the compilation step. In my
> project, this lowered my build time from 38 seconds down to 11,
> and the caching saves about 25% of the compiler memory
> consumption.

[...]
> Thank you to Sönke for accepting this feature and the whole
> vibe.d team for these great projects!
>
> -Steve
>
> [1] https://code.dlang.org/packages/diet-ng
> [2] https://code.dlang.org/packages/dietpc

Thank you!
I still have to check it out and try, but it really looks like a
way to speed up
vibe.d development! Great!

I took some time to work on the idea to structure my small
project in a way, that it is
split in very small modules including the diet templates,
avoiding as much recompilation as possible, but the result until
now not so convincing.

Regards mt.