diet-ng Live mode and announcing dietpc

Steven Schveighoffer schveiguy at gmail.com
Wed Apr 29 13:43:12 UTC 2020

On 4/29/20 9:23 AM, Greatsam4sure wrote:
> On Tuesday, 24 March 2020 at 15:03:33 UTC, Steven Schveighoffer wrote:
>> Since October I have been using an experimental feature I created for
>> the diet-ng package [1] that allows one to alter just the HTML
>> portions of a diet template and have the server re-render those pages.
>> It has saved me significant development time as I can e.g. alter a
>> class on an html element, add javascript, just about anything that
>> doesn't have to do with running actual D code, and I do not need to
>> rebuild my entire application. Those of you who watched my dconf 2018
>> presentation may have heard me talk about the issue of vibe.d build
>> times.
>>
>> [...]
>
> Thanks, the live mode is really lovely.it really saves a lot of time
> building your UI. Chrome and edge browser are not working on my windows
> 10 but firefox is working greatly. Maybe be I need to update them

Nice! The live mode shouldn't affect what HTML is sent, it basically
should be equivalent to the compiled mode. It just changes when the HTML
strings are generated.

If your browsers are not consistent, that strongly points to something
outside diet-ng (perhaps something to do with your content).

If you have a use case, I can look into it.

-Steve