Decimal string to floating point conversion with correct half-to-even rounding

Joseph Rushton Wakeling joseph.wakeling at webdrake.net
Sat Aug 8 21:12:14 UTC 2020

On Saturday, 8 August 2020 at 18:16:30 UTC, Avrina wrote:
  there's no shame to it any more than it is
> What's the purpose of that? If someone needs Mir, they can just
> add it as a dependency in dub. This will just be adding more
> bloat to drubtime. The development surrounding D seems to have
> a stigma of using external dependencies even when there is
> significant benefit. I find it odd that you bring up that
> there's no shame to copy and paste. It seems the only reason
> there simply wouldn't be a link to a dependency is because of
> stigma. There's no shame relying on another project and you
> don't have to copy and paste it. Optlink, DMC, DMC's club, etc.
> Its gotten better than it was, but there's no reason to even
> use any of those anymore, supporting them is just a waste of
> time. As would maintaining a copy pasta of Mir would be.

It's not about shame. It's about a guarantee of control, that the
code and behaviour doesn't change unless you want it to, and
about minimizing complexity for users trying to build the project
from scratch. Phobos' zlib dependency is copy-pasted in the
codebase for similar reasons.