LDC 1.23.0

Basile B. b2.temp at gmx.com
Thu Aug 20 00:26:59 UTC 2020

On Wednesday, 19 August 2020 at 23:47:34 UTC, kinke wrote:
> On Wednesday, 19 August 2020 at 23:30:30 UTC, Basile B. wrote:
>> gdwarf really ? this is possible ? Not that this is not a
>> great news but you told me once this was not quite possible
>> (https://forum.dlang.org/post/ttblgcwiwmdhyukzpocb@forum.dlang.org).
>
> I said that LDC/LLVM generate CodeView, but knew that clang can
> emit it. Shortly after your post, another guy asked for DWARF
> on Windows, so I did a little bit of digging. I haven't
> properly tested it (no working gdb/lldb on my Windows box),

You can get gdb for windows by installing Lazarus or even more
simply try one of the  alternative version that they propose [1].

> feedback is appreciated.

I will test the feature soon, since now I want to see if the GDB
GUI of my IDE can be activated or not on windows.

[1]
https://sourceforge.net/projects/lazarus/files/Lazarus%20Windows%2064%20bits/Alternative%20GDB/