Blog Post: What Does Memory Safety Really Mean in D?

ag0aep6g anonymous at example.com
Sun Aug 23 20:54:58 UTC 2020

On Sunday, 23 August 2020 at 19:40:57 UTC, Paul Backus wrote:
> https://pbackus.github.io/blog/what-does-memory-safety-really-mean-in-d.html

As far as I can tell, your understanding matches mine. Hopefully,
that's a good thing.

I also agree that the "Memory Safety" page [1] isn't very helpful
if you want to figure out what exactly "safety" means in D. It's
more of a rough outline than a spec document. I consider the
"Function Safety" section [2] (which you mention later) to be the
real deal. If anyone wants to merge those two somewhat redundant
pieces of the spec into one, that would be great.

[1] https://dlang.org/spec/memory-safe-d.html
[2] https://dlang.org/spec/function.html#function-safety