GCC 10.2.1 Released

H. S. Teoh hsteoh at quickfur.ath.cx
Mon Aug 24 21:40:08 UTC 2020

On Mon, Aug 24, 2020 at 09:24:23PM +0000, Iain Buclaw via Digitalmars-d-announce wrote:
[...]
> GCC 10.2 is a bug-fix release from the GCC 10 branch containing
> important fixes for regressions and serious bugs found GCC 10.1.

Thanks for all of your efforts, Iain!!

[...]
> Also fixed is a compile-time performance bug when using `static
> foreach'.
[...]
> Compilation time has been reduced from around 40 to 0.08 seconds.
> Memory consumption is also reduced from 3.5GB to 55MB. (Thanks
> BorisCarvajal!)
[...]

Wow. That's a pretty major improvement!  Is this improvement upstreamed?

Just out of curiosity, which language version will the next GCC release
have?  Currently, my version of GDC gives __VERSION__ as 2.076, which is
pretty old (whereas LDC gives 2.093, basically on par with DMD).  Will
the next GDC major release have a significantly-updated language
version?

(I understand that the original plan was to get a foot in GCC's door
first, for bootstrapping reasons, then now that we have GDC in the
official GCC distribution, we can bootstrap to a much more up-to-date
front-end version.)

Never step over a puddle, always step around it. Chances are that whatever made it is still dripping.