Mir vs. Numpy: Reworked!

Igor Shirkalin isemsoft at gmail.com
Mon Dec 7 11:21:16 UTC 2020

On Monday, 7 December 2020 at 02:14:41 UTC, 9il wrote:
> On Sunday, 6 December 2020 at 17:30:13 UTC, data pulverizer
> wrote:
>> On Saturday, 5 December 2020 at 07:44:33 UTC, 9il wrote:
>>>
>>> sweep_ndslice uses (2*N - 1) arrays to index U, this allows
>>> LDC to unroll the loop.
>>>

> I don't know. Tensors aren't so complex. The complex part is a
> design that allows Mir to construct and iterate various kinds
> of lazy tensors of any complexity and have quite a universal
> API, and all of these are boosted by the fact that the
> user-provided kernel(lambda) function is optimized by the
> compiler without the overhead.

Agreed. As a matter of fact the simplest convolutions of tensors
are out of date. It is like there's no need to calculate inverse
matrix. Mir is the usefull work for author, of course, and
practically almost not used. Every one who needs something fast
in his own tasks should make same things again in D.