Httparsed - fast native dlang HTTP 1.x message header parser

tchaloupka chalucha at gmail.com
Tue Dec 15 10:04:42 UTC 2020

On Tuesday, 15 December 2020 at 00:32:42 UTC, H. S. Teoh wrote:
> For that alone, I think Adam deserves a salute.
>
> (But of course, if Adam improves cgi.d to be competitive with
> vibe.d,
> then it could totally rock the D world! ;-))

Yes absolutely, arsd has a bit different usecase and target
audience, no one should expect it to beat top 10 of highly
optimized frameworks in techempower benchmark ;-)

But if these benchmarks helps Adam to make some incremental
improvements it's a plus and many of that can be pretty low
hanging fruit.

If I take one number of arsd from the httpbench - 27469 RPS
It means 36.4us per request.
In http parser test it is about 2.4us per request, while
httparsed is about 0.1us per request.

That means that with a performant parser, arsd could go up to
around 27548 RPS -> not much of a difference that would be worth
the hassle..