Beta 2.095.0

Mathias LANG geod24 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 24 11:05:14 UTC 2020

On Wednesday, 23 December 2020 at 15:38:17 UTC, Steven
Schveighoffer wrote:

> What is happening is that some speculative compilation is
> checking something via the get function. It might not make a
> difference, but the error message is useless (who knows where
> that traits call is triggered).

FYI, v2.095.0 *should* print the instantiation trace, so you can
actually track down where it comes from. And the reason DMD now
shows the trace is exactly because of this deprecation.

> Most likely, it doesn't change anything. Therefore when you
> turn on the deprecation as an error, it doesn't affect
> compilation, it just fails in the speculation instead of
> succeeds. But the ultimate result doesn't actually change
> anything.
>
> I can't wait until this deprecation has been finalized, because
> I hate seeing seas of deprecation messages I can't do anything
> about. 2.097 cannot come soon enough...

FYI, in theory we could use `__traits(isDeprecated)` to silence
this. But I haven't looked at the code myself.