Our community seems to have grown, so many people are joining the Facebook group

Murilo murilomiranda92 at hotmail.com
Tue Dec 29 00:38:40 UTC 2020

> Not only unnecessary but divisive as well. For example, because
> I will never have a Facebook account I would never be a part of
> that group. So, can the open source community be a part of
> Facebook groups *without* a Facebook account? Even if the
> groups would be open to the public, why would advertisements be
> a part of a D group? (I don't want to go more off-topic here
> but I would love to discuss Facebook over your favorite drink.)

I'm sorry to hear some of you do not like my initiative. Those
who don't have a FB account can continue to use this website or
Discord. But those who have a FB account(most people do) can use
the group as well, specially when they want to publish their
work. Lots of people use the group to publish the GitHub of Dlang
projects they've been working on, like a guy who created a game
engine in D.

Nowadays a big part of the population uses FB daily, so that is a
great way to communicate with the world.

And apart from all that, having an official FB group serves to
show Dlang is growing strong and proud, it shows the world that
Dlang is not dead(most people think it is).

BTW 2 more members joined today :D