Our community seems to have grown, so many people are joining the Facebook group

Ola Fosheim Grøstad ola.fosheim.grostad at gmail.com
Tue Dec 29 11:34:38 UTC 2020

On Tuesday, 29 December 2020 at 10:52:53 UTC, Guillaume Piolat
wrote:
> On Tuesday, 29 December 2020 at 09:05:45 UTC, aberba wrote:
>>
>> So I'm sure the Facebook group will appeal to a certain
>> audience who use Facebook. I've been a part of all sorts of
>> Facebook groups related to my stack and I've come to the
>> understand it's what certain people even prefer.
>
> +1
>
> It's quite like making software for the platform where the
> users are.

Not quite, if you split up then each community might have
stronger social bonding, but in terms of aggregating helpful
advice you will be worse off. It would be suitable for geographic
groups (e.g. for a country/city).

For instance slashdot is very poor in social boding terms, but
much better than the dlang forums for aggregating helpful advice.
So the "learn" forum is beneficial socially, but does erode the
slashdot presence.