Our community seems to have grown, so many people are joining the Facebook group

Guillaume Piolat first.name at guess.com
Tue Dec 29 14:53:43 UTC 2020

On Tuesday, 29 December 2020 at 11:34:38 UTC, Ola Fosheim Grøstad
wrote:

> Not quite, if you split up then each community might have
> stronger social bonding, but in terms of aggregating helpful
> advice you will be worse off. It would be suitable for
> geographic groups (e.g. for a country/city).
>
> For instance slashdot is very poor in social boding terms, but
> much better than the dlang forums for aggregating helpful
> advice. So the "learn" forum is beneficial socially, but does
> erode the slashdot presence.

Sorry but I don't think you get it.

These people are on Facebook, and it seems they would rather hear
about D on Facebook. That's all there is to it.

You don't choose the platform that people prefer for hanging out.
And not everyone want to have a strong affiliation with the
langage and come to this forum. As the community grows, we of
course need those loose links a lot, like any other computing
language.