Our community seems to have grown, so many people are joining the Facebook group

H. S. Teoh hsteoh at quickfur.ath.cx
Wed Dec 30 02:50:15 UTC 2020

On Wed, Dec 30, 2020 at 02:31:36AM +0000, Murilo via Digitalmars-d-announce wrote:
> On Tuesday, 29 December 2020 at 15:06:07 UTC, Ola Fosheim Grøstad wrote:
> > No, the OP clearly stated that he made the group "official". That is
> > a deliberate attempt to fracture.

No, that's reading more into it than the OP intended.

> I'm sorry you see it like this but my intention when I created the
> group was to expand Dlang by bringing it to places people couldn't
> find it yet. The whole point of the FB group is to aggregate people
> into our community, to bring more people to Dlang and make Dlang
> famous. My whole intention was to help our community grow, not
> fracture.

I applaud your efforts. Even though I would not participate in Facebook
for personal reasons, and it's probably not a good idea to present the
FB group as "official", it's nevertheless a fact that FB reaches a lot
more people than most other platforms.  So why not take advantage of it.

Let's not get up in arms about technicalities here.  The word is
spreading and that's a good thing, not something to argue over.

Political correctness: socially-sanctioned hypocrisy.