Earcut polygon triangulation

Ferhat Kurtulmuş aferust at gmail.com
Sun Feb 23 17:00:44 UTC 2020

On Sunday, 23 February 2020 at 16:20:09 UTC, Ahmet Sait wrote:
> On Sunday, 23 February 2020 at 10:07:44 UTC, Ferhat Kurtulmuş
> wrote:
>> For those who are interested in game programming, geospatial
>> things, 2D graphics etc. Earcut is a polygon triangulation
>> library originally written in js and ported to almost every
>> popular language (except D). I was playing around with my
>> hobby sdl game and needed to draw some concave polygons. So, I
>> have just ported the lib (suitable for betterC). My initial
>> tests showed that it is fast that can be used for real-time
>> rendering. If you have a function that can draw triangles, you
>> can draw concave/convex any polygon which can also have holes.
>>
>> https://github.com/mapbox/earcut.hpp
>> https://github.com/aferust/earcut-d
>
> Out of curiosity, why would you need to triangulate polygons
> instead of using stencil buffer? I'm assuming you're using
> OpenGL (or something similar) since you talked about your hobby
> game. Any advantage of triangulating shapes? (anti-aliasing
> maybe?)
I am not using opengl, but just sdl for no reason. I am trying to
make a clone of a particular type of game namely wolfied, qix, or
gals panic. Actually, I did it using cocos2dx (clipping node does
the trick) in js few years ago. But this time I am trying to
reclone it using just d and sdl by going bare metal. The ultimate
target is running it on the browser maybe using dscripten.