GSOC 2020 projects

RazvanN razvan.nitu1305 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 25 02:11:11 UTC 2020

On Monday, 24 February 2020 at 17:43:41 UTC, Panke wrote:
> On Monday, 24 February 2020 at 02:52:04 UTC, RazvanN wrote:
>> On Tuesday, 18 February 2020 at 05:59:47 UTC, RazvanN wrote:
>>> Hello everyone!
>>>
>>> In a couple of days we should find out if The Dlang
>>> Foundation was accepted as a mentoring organization for
>>> Google Summer of Code 2020. If we get accepted, I think that
>>> we should have a list of priority projects that we should
>>> propose to students. I have started tagging what I find the
>>> most useful projects with the gsoc2020 tag [1]. If you want
>>> to help in this process you can:
>>>
>>> [...]
>>
>> Unfortunately, Dlang has not been accepted this year as a GSOC
>> mentoring organization. Maybe we will have better luck next
>> year,
>>
>> Cheers,
>> RazvanN
>
> Do we know why?

They simply notify if you have been accepted or not without
offering any details, but I think that they want to offer a
chance to everyone. Apart from big organizations that are offered
spots every year, the small organizations are usually rotated,
but we can't know for sure if there was something wrong with our
application or they simply wanted to give someone else a chance.