DIP 1027---String Interpolation---Format Assessment

Adam D. Ruppe destructionator at gmail.com
Tue Feb 25 15:13:20 UTC 2020

On Tuesday, 25 February 2020 at 13:39:40 UTC, Aliak wrote:
> I should’ve been more specific 😬 I was wondering if the same
> could be achieved without a introducing a new aggregate type!

Well, compiler magic, possibly with more @attributes. But that
gets far messier than a simple struct, so we rejected it in the
other thread.

I just added a section to my dip text explaining this though:

https://github.com/dlang/DIPs/pull/186/files#diff-2d3c5bf5c5d1f001279a15e3449b2338R325

basically once we address all the inevitable questions such a new
thing would raise, we would essentially reinvent a struct with a
new, awkward syntax anyway.

So my view is a struct is a simple, understandable, and proven
solution.