DIP 1027---String Interpolation---Format Assessment

Arine arine123445128843 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 25 16:04:59 UTC 2020

On Tuesday, 25 February 2020 at 13:39:40 UTC, Aliak wrote:
> On Tuesday, 25 February 2020 at 13:04:41 UTC, Adam D. Ruppe
> wrote:
>> On Tuesday, 25 February 2020 at 09:36:25 UTC, aliak wrote:
>>> [...]
>>
>> Yes, that is the key impetus of our amendment, which I also
>> wrote up on a gist weeks ago.... and it is now on github too!
>> https://github.com/dlang/DIPs/pull/186
>>
>> [...]
>
> I should’ve been more specific 😬 I was wondering if the same
> could be achieved without a introducing a new aggregate type!

``How to distinguish a different type? Use a different type. No,
is there another simpler way to do that instead?``

Is this really the line of thinking going on here? It seems
Walter has these arbitrary rules he's following which led up to
the impractical and buggy solution that was DIP1027. Rules aren't
meant to be followed blindly.