DIP 1027---String Interpolation---Format Assessment

Arine arine123445128843 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 26 20:14:17 UTC 2020

On Wednesday, 26 February 2020 at 16:08:53 UTC, Adam D. Ruppe
wrote:
> On Wednesday, 26 February 2020 at 15:41:48 UTC, Arine wrote:
>> Yah, what's unwanted about that?
>
> To follow up on this, I expect a reply will be "the user ought
> to know how the feature works". This isn't a realistic
> expectation.

Yah I don't understand how he's fine on one hand introducing
weird edge cases like this with String Interpolation. And then on
the other hand he's removing brace initializers with a
justification that it makes the language simpler and easier to
learn. The examples given are obviously errors, and aren't the
intended use for string interpolation. Rather than allowing
errors to exist, it should just be made so that it doesn't happen.