Blog post on calling C from Python via D

sarn sarn at theartofmachinery.com
Wed Feb 26 23:57:07 UTC 2020

On Wednesday, 26 February 2020 at 17:23:51 UTC, Meta wrote:
> On Wednesday, 26 February 2020 at 17:11:18 UTC, bachmeier wrote:
>> There needs to be a variant of "mansplaining" modified for
>> Python users.
>
> Agreed, and there also needs to be a variant of prison,
> modified for people who post dumb comments on Hacker News.

Whatever the language, I like the "show me the
code/graphs/benchmarks/disassembly/data/something/anything"
approach Atila used in his blog post.

When I wrote a blog post about why C const is practically useless
for optimisation, I lost count of how many people smugly pointed
out that const "should" go on the other side of the *, as if that
made all the difference.  If they actually tried it they'd see it
makes zero difference because "int * const x" is even less useful
for optimisation.