DIP 1027---String Interpolation---Format Assessment

Adam D. Ruppe destructionator at gmail.com
Sat Feb 29 01:10:47 UTC 2020

On Saturday, 29 February 2020 at 00:57:54 UTC, aliak wrote:
> Also another note, this tuple expansion should really not be
> called string interpolation, since it does not result in a
> string :/ It's more string expansion really.

Yeah, me and Steven agreed on this too in the other thread, and I
thought I updated my DIP but I guess not.

wait a minute yes i did
https://gist.github.com/adamdruppe/a58f097d974b364ae1cbc8c050dd9a3f

on the gist version, I called it "Formatted string tuple
literals", but I never saved tht back to my local or github
versions. oops.

But basically I see our new thing as being a string builder
rather than a string per se.