My Android project nearing beta

bachmeier no at spam.net
Wed Jan 1 17:12:01 UTC 2020

On Wednesday, 1 January 2020 at 16:48:40 UTC, Adam D. Ruppe wrote:
> Another big update here in my blog this week:
>
> http://dpldocs.info/this-week-in-d/Blog.Posted_2019_12_30.html

A question that comes to mind with respect to your JNI work: Is
this specific to Android, or could we use it, for instance, as a
way to call Java functions from R, where we use D as a bridge to
simplify things? If so, this could potentially lead to
significant use of D, as there are a fair number of R packages
that call into Java. It was a nightmare when I looked into it
years ago. Making this even more appealing is GDC's inclusion in
GCC.