Proposal for porting D runtime to WebAssembly
mail at skoppe.eu
Fri Jan 3 10:34:40 UTC 2020
On Saturday, 23 November 2019 at 10:29:24 UTC, Johan Engelen
> On Saturday, 23 November 2019 at 09:51:13 UTC, Sebastiaan Koppe
>> This is my proposal for porting D runtime to WebAssembly. I
>> would like to ask you to review it. You can find it here:
> I'm assuming you already started some work in this area? Where
> can we track it?
> Great initiative!
You can track the work here:
Almost all unittests pass.
I am in the process of getting `ldc-build-druntime` to build it,
as well as hooking into main().
I really wanted to make a pr, so that others can build it as
well, but I am pressed for time due to family weekend trip. It is
on my list once I get back, as well as incorpareting all info
from this thread back into the proposal.
Some things to tackle before going beta:
- AA unittests fail
- reals (probably are going to be unsupported)
- wasi libc needs to be distributed (either in source and
compiled into wasm druntime) or statically linked
- CI (but should be doable once ldc-build-druntime works)
- hooking into main() (I thought about making a @weak _start() in
druntime so that users can still override it when they want)
(_start is the wasm's equivalent of _Dmain)
- probably need help from LDC to spill i32 pointer on the shadow
More information about the Digitalmars-d-announce